Help us grow into an ever-evolving marketplace. Seeking a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist who can demonstrate resourcefulness and be a driver in managing our talent pipeline for our dynamic team.
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the only property data platform that informs every transaction for decision-makers who want to reduce risk, cost & waste in an increasingly competitive environment. We provide software and services that capture, organize, and analyze data for buildings and properties to unlock valuable insight. Our company is quickly becoming essential to every transaction by making every property thoroughly understood.
Every day, our team is focused on the needs of our customers. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insight that is important to their businesses. We provide our customers with information that is not only useful to their business decisions but is easy to use. We combine high quality human interactions with sleek, intuitive design and are pioneers on the journey alongside our customers, who are transforming the way they do business with data-driven decision-making.
Betterview is looking for a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to manage our full cycle recruiting processes. The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will research, develop and implement effective recruiting strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for Betterview. This position will help identify current and future hiring needs, manage the talent pipeline, facilitate communication with hiring managers, and manage the onboarding of new hires. The primary focus of this position is to provide a high-quality candidate experience while identifying an ideal match for both the candidate and Betterview.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of the recruitment process.
- Source passive candidates through various channels (e.g. professional networks, association, or industry related events and websites).
- Collaborate with department managers to identify and draft detailed hiring criteria; manage the talent acquisition pipeline.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Place job postings and any necessary advertisement promotion.
- Screen applications and select qualified candidates.
- Provide talent acquisition reporting to hiring managers and leadership team.
- Coordinate with Executive Assistant to schedule job interviews with relevant parties.
- Oversee preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Managing in-person interviews at our Carlsbad office.
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Learn and understand the needs of Betterview; understand various roles within the organization and the customers we serve.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Develop relationships with candidates in a variety of ways including but not limited to attending and participating in professional networking events and college recruiting events.
- Manage the candidate experience, those selected and not selected.
- Conduct candidate reference checks as needed.
- Effectively represent the brand and image of Betterview, both internally and externally.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five years managing all phases of recruitment and hiring process required, preferably in the insurance and/or technology industry
The successful candidate:
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Has experience creating and implementing sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Can maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive information with sound judgement, tact and discretion.
- Can work independently and effectively, demonstrating project management skills while holding others accountable, as needed.
- Successfully uses time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Is self-motivated to learn about Betterview and understand its product and customers.
- Has familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Is proficient with or is able to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other similar products.
WHAT OUR COMPANY IS PROVIDING
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous Health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Offering Kaiser and Blue Shield
- Providing PPO plans, PPO plans, and HDHP options.
- Betterview covers 50% of employee premium, 10% of dependents
- For dental and vision, Betterview covers 75% of the premium for employees.
- FSA and HSA
- Retirement Plan.
- Betterview matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay, then 50% of employee’s contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- Paid holidays.
- Charity contribution matches, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
- All employees receive 160 hours per year of paid time off, with accrual every pay period.
- Typically work schedule is Monday – Friday (8:30am-5pm).
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.