Help us grow into an ever-evolving marketplace. Seeking organized and enthusiastic Event Coordinator!
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the only property data platform that informs every transaction for decision-makers who want to reduce risk, cost & waste in an increasingly competitive environment. We provide software and services that capture, organize, and analyze data for buildings and properties to unlock valuable insight. Our company is quickly becoming essential to every transaction by making every property thoroughly understood.
Every day, our team is focused on the needs of our customers. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insight that is important to their businesses. We provide our customers with information that is not only useful to their business decisions but is easy to use. We combine high quality human interactions with sleek, intuitive design and are pioneers on the journey alongside our customers, who are transforming the way they do business with data-driven decision-making.
We are looking for a highly organized and self-motivated individual with strong attention to detail to join the Betterview team as an Event Coordinator. This role will focus on the planning and execution of events of varying sizes for the company. These events range from internal and external events, virtual and in-person and also include industry tradeshows where Betterview will have a presence.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Consults with leadership team to understand needs of various events including timelines; implements an event strategy to achieve Betterview objectives.
- Plans and organizes live and virtual events in support of identified objectives and in various size and scope.
- Generates ideas and plans events and activities that nurture and develop the Betterview culture and employee experience.
- Researches and recommends event venues; coordinates logistics including attendee registrations, transportation, accommodations, meals, technology, etc.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors and venues on behalf of Betterview; negotiates the booking of venues, travel arrangements, lodging, catering, and other supporting reservations, as needed.
- Coordinates budget planning and ensures that events stay within cost projections.
- Manages all administrative duties and tasks associated with the event including financial operations, distribution of promotional materials, responding to questions, and supporting staff.
- Lead coordination of company-related activities and events and provide any necessary support during events or activities, including facilitation of virtual meetings.
- Serve as the host or “face” of Betterview at key events as needed.
- Identify and implement metrics to evaluate the success of each activity or event, identify opportunities for iterative improvement.
- Prepare and distribute event itineraries to necessary internal and external parties.
- Order/manage/ship promotional items for employees and customers (i.e., T-shirts, coffee mugs, etc.).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- A minimum of two years of experience coordinating events including internal, external and virtual.
- Knowledge and high proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and proficiency with Google Enterprise Suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets).
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
The successful candidate:
- Is experienced in planning virtual events.
- Has a tech-savvy approach to enabling events.
- Is Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Has excellent time management skills.
- Has excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- “No job too small” attitude.
- Can be discrete and confidential, as needed.
- Utilizes Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Has strong initiative and a forward-thinking mindset.
- Is a born problem-solver.
- Ability to multi-task and identify priorities to meet deadlines.
WHAT OUR COMPANY IS PROVIDING
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous Health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Offering Kaiser and Blue Shield
- Providing PPO plans, PPO plans, and HDHP options.
- Betterview covers 50% of employee premium, 10% of dependents
- For dental and vision, Betterview covers 75% of the premium for employees.
- FSA and HSA.
- Retirement Plan.
- Betterview matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay, then 50% of employee’s contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- Paid holidays.
- Charity contribution matches, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
- All employees receive 160 hours per year of paid time off, with accrual every pay period.
- Typically work schedule is Monday – Friday (8:30am-5pm).
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.